Need a quick appetizer or crowd-pleasing dish? Look no further! Paige from Louisville, Kentucky, has created a unique recipe that brings together classic taste with a southern twist, using Glory Foods Mixed Greens. This appetizer is a favorite for Paige since often-times we are too busy during the week to put together a full meal or don’t have the talent to plan appetizers for a party we are hosting. Today, Paige is sharing these Southern-Style Spanakopita Cups that may just disappear in front of your eyes!
Get your daily greens and a crowd-pleasing appetizer all in one little crispy package with these Southern-Style Spanakopita Cups!
- 30 frozen phyllo cups (2 15-count packages)
- 1 14.5-ounce Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Mixed Greens, drained and patted of excess moisture
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped shallot or onion
- 4 oz chopped fresh mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the phyllo cups on a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Saute until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add the drained mixed greens, feta, parsley, egg, nutmeg, and lemon zest, stirring to combine. Spoon the mixture into the phyllo cups and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
If you would like to follow Paige on her cooking journey or just want to get insight into more recipes, visit her site today. Visit: http://www.mymoderncookery.com/southern-style-spanakopita-cups/