Looking for a refreshing side dish or main course for summertime? We've got three great new pasta salad recipes that'll keep you cool all summer long!
Pasta salad is such a unique dish because it can be prepared many different ways and features a variety of ingredients. Some like it tossed in vinegar and oil, while others like theirs with mayo or salad dressing. Ingredients vary, from vegetables, legumes, cheeses and herbs to meats, poultry and seafood.
Our pasta salad recipes below feature delicious Glory Foods Southern Seasoned vegetables and lots of fresh ingredients such as, lime zest, tomatoes, bell pepper and Parmesan cheese. We hope you enjoy!
Italian Rotini Pasta & Vegetables:
1 (16 oz.) box rotini or spiral pasta
1 (8 oz.) bottle Italian dressing
1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Lima Beans; drained
2 cups broccoli florets; steamed
3/4 cup small cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 yellow bell pepper; sliced
1 (4 oz.) jar pimentos; drained
1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms; drained
1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives; drained
8 links (pre-cooked) vegetarian breakfast links; heated and sliced
1. Boil pasta according to box directions, then drain.
2. Return pasta to pot and add Italian dressing; mix well.
3. Add Glory Foods Seasoned Lima Beans, steamed broccoli, tomatoes, bell pepper, pimentos, mushrooms, olives and sausage. Mix well and serve room temperature or chill for 1 hour to serve cold.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time (if desired): 60 minutes
Bow Tie Pasta with Basil Pesto:
1 (16 oz.) box bow tie pasta
1 tbs. olive oil
1-1/2 cups prepared basil pesto
1 (14 oz.) can grilled artichoke heart quarters; drained
1 (15 oz.) can Glory Farms Garbanzo Beans; drained
1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
2 tsp. freshly grated lemon or lime zest
1. Boil pasta according to box directions. Drain and return to pot along with olive oil and basil pesto; stir to coat pasta.
2. Add artichoke hearts, Glory Farms Garbanzo Beans and Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans.
3. Pasta can be served warm, room temperature or cold. Before serving top with freshly grated lemon or lime zest.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Spicy Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad:
2 (4 oz.) packages 4 cheese Tortellini
1/3 cup (bottled) Italian dressing
1 cup Italian giardiniera mix (like Castella or Mezzetta)
1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
1 (12 oz.) can artichoke heart quarters; drained
Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Boil tortellini according to package directions.
2. Drain pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir on the dressing and mix well to coat pasta. Add the hot mix, Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans and artichoke hearts.
3. Chill for a minimum of 2 hours (stirring pasta salad occasionally). Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours