The first day of summer is right around the corner, and we've got three brand new summertime recipes sure to please!
Our new recipes, developed by Michaela Rosenthal, are refreshing and light, which will help to combat those rising temperatures. They also feature lots of fresh veggies like Roma tomatoes, zucchini and avocado, as well as fresh ingredients such as lime zest and lemon juice.
Try our Southern Cobb Salad for lunch, featuring a generous portion of Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas and lots of fresh vegetables. For lunch, dive into our Black Bean Salad Burger Stack, a bun-less salad dish with a lemon infused Ranch dressing. For a sweet - but not too sweet - treat, try Michaela's Sweet Potato Fruit Dip featuring Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole.
Whether at the beach, a park or relaxing in the backyard by the pool, cool down and refuel with the recipes below! #HappySummer
Southern Cobb Salad:
1 large head Romaine lettuce; outer leaves removed then sliced
2 hard cooked eggs; chopped
1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas; drained and rinsed
1/2 basket cherry tomatoes; halved or quartered
1 medium zucchini; grated
1 large carrot; peeled and grated
1 small avocado; diced
1/2 cup grated cheese (of your choice)
bottled salad dressing; we suggested Blue Cheese or Ranch
1. Divide lettuce between 2 large salad bowls.
2. Top lettuce with vegetables and cheese, arranging in lines over the lettuce, and serve with salad dressing of your choice.
Yield: 2 large dinner servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Black Bean Salad Burger Stack:
2 tsp. vegetable oil
4 beef or turkey burger patties
1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans; drained and heated
1 (16 oz.) bag pre-washed salad mix
2 Roma tomatoes; diced
1 (small) cucumber; diced
1/2 cup prepared Ranch dressing
1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
4 tbs. shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a large skillet and fry patties until golden brown and cooked through.
2. Place salad mix in a large bowl, and mix thoroughly with tomatoes, cucumber, dressing and lemon juice.
3. Divide salad between 4 plates and top with a patty and a generous scoop of warm Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans and shredded cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Sweet Potato Fruit Dip:
1 (8 oz.) container whipped cream cheese
1 (8 oz.) container dairy sour cream
1 tbs. dark brown sugar
3/4 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
freshly grated lime zest
1. Whip together cream cheese, sour cream and brown sugar.
2. Stir in Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole and lime juice; mix until combined.
3. Transfer to a serving dish then sprinkle with freshly grated lime zest. Serve with sliced fruit and/or sweet crackers.
Yield: 1-1/2 cups dip
Prep time: 5 minutes